Thursday, June 25, 2009

Iran, Peru


As I mentioned in the earlier post, I feel for the people of Iran. I really do. But I'm fearful that some of the outpouring of sympathy for their nation is being manufactured by certain powerful people who want the US to go to war with Iran. I'm hoping this doesn't happen. The US and Britain have tried "regime change" in Iran many times and it's always blown up (sometimes literally) in our faces.

A part of my suspicion of manufactured sympathy is that there seems to be absolutely no attention to the atrocities in Peru. Is it because Peruvians haven't mastered the art of Twitter? Does Iran make a better news story? I hate to sound like a paranoid conspiracy guy but sometimes it's good to ask questions. At least while it's still legal to ask questions.

Update: Here's another excellent article about the Peru situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment