Friday, September 4, 2009

Al Franken Reasons with the Anti-Obamacare Crowd - and they Listen!



I'm so proud of Al Franken. He's someone I've followed and seriously loved since about 1975 when I first became aware of him through Saturday Night Live. The Franken and Davis Show, remember? Excellent.

This past month it seems every time I turn on the TV I see Larry the Cable Guy wannabes hollering at Congressmen and shouting down and mocking brave, disabled people fighting for their right to health care. I don't know what's worse - the redneck assholes parroting their - in my humble opinion - lunatic, paranoid messiahs in the rightwing punditry game or the Senators and House members sweating bullets, thinking they might actually represent "real" America.

Al Franken shows us all how it can be done. "Come let us reason together." Politely. Find common ground. Discuss. Without malice.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an excellent job Al did! And I haven't seen this clip circulating. Going to do a little circulating of my own.

    ReplyDelete